The Richmond Adult & Community College offers courses for adults in Richmond and Twickenham.
My Role as an employee
IT Facilities Administrator, May 1997 to Jun 1998
As an IT Facilities Administrator, I was responsible for:
- Developing a departmental database using Microsoft Access.
- Identifying and solving hardware and software problems.
- Maintaining departmental IT equipment and Local Area Network.
- Recommending the purchase of equipment according to tight budget.
- Installed the department’s first Local Area Network within budget.
- Spearheaded creation of a team for college-wide Millennium compliance.
Technical skills important for this role were:
- Microsoft Access
- Knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft Office software